A hacking day of Mathematics for Data Science at the Department of Mathematics
BioCarlo Orrieri is assistant professor at the university of Trento. He is mainly interested in stochastic analysis and optimal control theory.
The seminar aims at introducing basic notions and results on optimal transport theory. Starting in a discrete framework, we will present Monge and Kantorovich formulations of the transportation problem through various examples and further introduce the (Kantorovich-Rubinstein)-Wasserstein distance. A probabilistic interpretation of the problems and a duality result will also be discussed. The seminar is preliminary to the one given by prof. F. Bassetti.
- Villani, Cédric. Topics in Optimal Transportation. No. 58. American Mathematical Soc., 2003
- Santambrogio, Filippo. Optimal transport for applied mathematicians. Birkäuser, NY 55 (2015): 58-63.
- Monday 2019/11/25 10:30 - 13.15 Room B103
- The participation is free. Please send an email to Prof. Claudio Agostinelli.
- For further information, please contact Prof. Claudio Agostinelli
- Poster: PDF
- Venue: Polo Scientifico e Tecnologico F. Ferrari – Room B103
- Language: English